What is Keep Well?
A Keep Well health check could be your first step to improving health and preventing the development of heart disease and diabetes.
Some people are more likely to develop heart disease or diabetes than others. If you are 40 – 64 years a Keep Well health check could identify if you have early signs and symptoms and ensure you are offered interventions tailored to your needs.
Look out for your invite either by letter, phone or a home visit. For more information on the Keep Well programme you can visit our national website or call our free phone number on 08000121191.
In Lanarkshire the Keep Well programme is being delivered in partnership with your GP.
If you are registered with a participating GP and meet the eligible criteria you will be invited along for a free Keep Well health check.
The programme is being delivered throughout Lanarkshire so you may be invited to attend the treatment room, GP practice or a community venue near your home.
The Keep Well health check is:
- Holistic, addressing various areas of your health and wellbeing
- About building a partnership between the healthcare practitioner and you
- Designed to provide support and advice which can help you make your own healthier lifestyle choices
A Keep Well health check includes:
- A physical check up
- General questions about your health and lifestyle
- An opportunity for you to ask about any other health related problems or worries you may have
In addition Keep Well has access to a variety of health improvement services for example:
- Free weight management
- Free gym passes
- Free access and support for issues such as musculoskeletal problems and counselling
Look out for your invite either by letter, phone or a home visit.
For more information on the programme you can visit our national site at www.keepwellscotland.org.uk or call our free phone number on 08000121191.