Fruits and Roots
Fruits and Roots is a community based charity that aims to overcome barriers to healthy eating by working in disadvantaged communities across the areaWe are targeting groups who may not have access to affordable, good quality food.
Fruits and Roots was established approximately 19 years ago and currently has 8 full time staff
We are working in partnership with North Lanarkshire Federation of Food Co-ops to supply bags of fruit. Each bag contains five pieces of good quality fruit for 50p.
We are targeting the following groups who may not have access to affordable, good quality food:
- Breastfeeding Mums
- Customers of the Credit Union in Newarthill
- Neighbourhood Centre, Fallside
- Parents/staff attending baby clinics at Bellshill Clinic
- Playgroups at Viewpark Community Centre
- Staff and patients at Viewpark Health Centre
- Stop Smoking groups at Viewpark Health Centre
- Youth Clubs at Viewpark Community Centre