New Visiting Times
Following feedback from patients, visitors and staff, we now plan to offer flexible visiting each day between 2pm to 8pm. For more information please see our leaflet.
The new flexible times have been introduced across all wards however, some ward areas may need to put some restrictions in place to ensure that patient treatment is not compromised. Where this happens, staff will engage with families and visitors to explain. Please check with the ward before planning your visit.
Wards with restricted visiting include:
- Ward 4 (Surgical Receiving Unit) - Visiting Time is: 2pm - 4:30pm and 6pm - 8pm daily
- Ward 18 (CCU) - Visiting Time is: 3pm - 4:30pm and 6pm - 8pm daily
- Ward 22 - Visiting Time is: 2pm - 4pm and 6:30pm - 8pm daily
- ERU - Visiting Time is: 6pm - 8pm daily
Welcome to University Hospital Monklands
University Hospital Monklands is a district general hospital with a 24-hour accident and emergency department. It has 535 inpatient beds.
University Hospital Monklands Monkscourt Avenue
Tel: 01236 748 748
Fax: 01236 760 015
- Lanarkshire's renal (kidney) unit providing an unprecedented level of care for Lanarkshire's renal patients
- Lanarkshire's inpatient services for ear, nose and throat (ENT), dermatology and communicable diseases
- Director of Acute Services - Heather Knox
- Director of Hospital Services – Andrea Fyfe
- Chief of Medical Services - Dr Rory MacKenzie
- Chief of Nursing Services - Ruth Thompson
- Divisional Nurse Director – Frances Dodd
Your Feedback - comments, concerns and complaints
NHS Lanarkshire is committed to improving the service it provides to patients and their families. We therefore want to hear from you about your experience. If you would like to tell us about this please visit our feedback page.